Welcome to the home of The Georgia Indoor Percussion Association. GIPA is an all volunteer nonprofit public benefit corporation and is not organized for the private gain of any person, or persons, or ensemble. Our purpose of this corporation is to promote the growth of the percussive arts through competition, performance and educational activities and to encourage goodwill, good sportsmanship and camaraderie through such activities.
What does GIPA offer...
- A WGI format specific to percussion and winds and it’s unique needs adhering strictly to the WGI rule book.
- Two performance opportunities for ensembles at all seasonal events in a Prelims and Finals format. Giving ensembles a much better return on the time and money invested by the performers and instructional staff, and allowing groups to gain double the experience performing.
- World Class judges both local and regionally that not only have the best training, but practical experience in the indoor activity.
- Afternoon clinics between prelims and finals at all regular season shows that help foster the educational experience for all performers and staff members.
- Judge critique session between prelims and finals for all staff members.
- No Scheduling conflicts with WGI Regionals or WGI Championships. We will also be vigilant in our scheduling to avoid as many conflicts as possible with local music education events and festivals.
- Venues that will support the needs and requirements specific to the percussion activity.
Meet the Executive Board
Mark Kapral, Alan Sears, Josh Robichaux, Chris Romanowski, Tom Tucker, Max Mullinix, Joshua Boyd, John Herndon